Concrete slab formwork is an important concrete work that requires concrete contractors to complete. A concrete slab must be built in strong concrete structures that can support the concrete weight. Concrete slab formwork normally will be completed by building concrete forms. The concrete forms are attached to wooden-framed structures and made watertight with the help of polyethylene sheets.
Concrete Contractors who do concrete slabs need knowledge related to concrete, construction equipment, etc. If you are a new person in this job field, you may consider getting some advice from experienced workers or reading articles about concreting jobs .
The following steps should be considered for using concrete slab formwork:
1) Build Forms for Concrete Slabs around the concrete foundation.
2) Install cross bracing between concrete forms to make concrete slab formwork stronger.
3) Erect the concrete forms around concrete footing with the help of temporary braces and stakes, if necessary.
4) Apply a release agent (petroleum jelly or non-drying lubricating oil) on the inner surface of concrete forms to avoid sticking to freshly placed concrete.
5) Fill the voids among concrete forms and concrete foundations with pieces of broken bricks or stones by filling behind and under concrete formwork .
6) Remove the temporary braces and cut off heads of nails below top edge level before placing concrete in concrete slab formwork.
7) Add grade boards at both side edges after placing fresh concrete till it is about 2-3 inches thick.
8) Screed concrete slab formwork surface with a straight bar or large piece of flat wood.
9) Float concrete slab formwork to achieve required concrete finish by using a long, straight board as a screed .
1 Spray clean water on concrete slab formwork till the concrete sets.
11) Cover the concrete forms if the concrete is exposed for more than 48 hours after placing concrete in forms.
12)(a) Apply protective coating over concrete after one day depending on weather conditions and other conditions, if necessary. (b) Also apply protective coatings over concrete surfaces before exposing them to rain or snow as per manufacturer’s recommendations, if necessary.
13) Remove concrete slab formwork from concrete surface after concrete has been cured.
14) Allow concrete to cure for a few days before removing concrete slab formwork from concrete foundation .
15) Remove the remainder of transit water or moisture by drying concrete with a fine stream of air after the forms have been removed.
16) Store reusable steel and wooden forms properly, if necessary.
17) Perform proper maintenance activities related to your equipment so they will last longer.
Get more info about concrete casting molds.